~ dressing our best at a taller than average height~
My oldest daughter and I are both above average height at 5'11"
While we both love being tall, there are some tricks of the trade to dressing when the clothing manufacturing industry makes clothes for women of average height: 5' 4".
Or even better “ you must play volleyball”
· Saying “I can’t wear heels tonight because he is too short!” Or the much preferred, “I can wear heels around him!”
· Trying on a friend’s dress/skirt and looking like a stripper.
· Wanting to sucker punch a shorter girl for complaining about her pants that are too long (have you not heard of “hemming!”)
· Struggling not buying an item you don’t need just because it’s long enough
Avoiding pants shopping like the plague.
· When shopping for a dress first looking at the hems on the bottom to find the longest one, then looking at style/color.
· Literally leaping for joy when you find pants/skirts/or dresses that are not only long enough but also look semi decent without needing to be altered!
If you have been known to do or say one of the above you may just have a case of “tall.”
1) tall clothes are more expensive and
2) there’s not a lot of variety.
As such my mother and I alter most of our clothes, especially skirts and dresses. It’s gotten to the point that we buy things that look like they will look good with extra fabric on the bottom, taken in on the sides, etc. The best is when they have a long hem that can be taken out! That’s basically like Christmas!