As I noticed these discussions were becoming frequent, I decided it was time to have a visual reminder of this great thought. (Not only for them but also for me....)
"I Can Do Hard Things"
Child A: "I can do hard things."
Mom: "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...."
Child A: " No Mom! It's I KNOW I can, I KNOW I can...!!!"
Mom: "You are so right. Sorry...."
"FACE IT...Nobody owes you a living.
What you achieve or fail to achieve in your lifetime
is directly related to what you do or fail to do.
No one chooses his parents or childhood
But you can choose your own direction!
Everyone has problems and obstacles to overcome
But that too is relative to each individual"
(from The bottom Line by Keith Kennedy)
My kids are so smart, aren't they?
I can't take any credit for this: they learn this stuff (including the poem) at school.....
She said: "I had a small plate inscribed with a motto that read, “I can do hard things. That little plate bearing that simple motto gave me courage. But now if I could change that motto, it would read: “In the strength of the Lord, I can do all things.””
Read the original talk here....
I believe "I Can Do Hard Things" also fits in perfectly with Philippians 4: 13
"I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me."
Tutorial: "I Can Do Hard Things" Subway Art Sign
- I'm including some step-by step instructions on how I made this sign.
- The board came from the backyard, where it has been sitting in our old outbuilding/barn/chicken coop (that is kind-of leaning....) for as long as we've lived here.
- I just cut it to size then painted it white.
- A sister of a friend made the vinyl print for me: Thank you Shantel!
- I added the source of the quote to the back of the plaque, and included the file for this at the bottom of this post (just download and print)
- Go through the slides to see what tidbits of info will be helpful for you when you make your own subway art
Thanks for stopping by!